What To Look For When Choosing A Cow | Animals

 

 

Animals

What to look for when choosing a cow

Ever since antiquity went saying that the cow is poilitsey and family breadwinner. In rural areas, many cows kept in spite of the fact that any milk products can be purchased in the store. Animal products not only provides for his family, but also the profits from their sale, and every year brings the calf, which provides family meat for the whole year.

What to look for when choosing a cow

The main diet of cows consists of cheap feed, and this further justifies its content in economic terms. When buying a pet you need to pay attention to the many factors that ensure the benefits of the content and animal health. Buy better cow thoroughbred breed. Crossbreed animals degrades valuable qualities, gives a smaller amount of milk and bring the weak and the young calves. The best option - is to buy a cow breeding farm or have good friends, where you can be exactly sure that the animal is healthy, and it is from the breeding of highly productive manufacturers. Choose a large animal. Small and large cow milk yields are very rare. Carefully inspect the udder, milk the cows and see the amount of the milk. If the udder after milking decreased, highly productive cow. In some cases, it is a big udder, but milk yield little, and after milking, it is the old volume and fleshy. The average cow produces milk 10-12 years, becoming the most productive two years after the change of teeth occurs. Therefore, buy animal, which for many years does not make sense. If you take a calf, you need to get acquainted with her mother. All the quality and productivity are transmitted from the mother. If it is large, it gives a lot of milk, and the chicks grow from the same cow. According to national signs considered to be high yielding cow, whose broad chest, large gaps between the ribs, a long tail, large udder with the presence of protruding veins, sulfur in the ears - all signs of high fat content in the milk. Scientists agree that the national signs very accurately convey the description of high productivity. But after selecting the cows need to remember that 20% of milk production depends on the breed and external signs, while the remaining 80% of high-quality nutrition and proper care of animals.