Hardening of preschool children (general recommendations)
Children tempering procedures performed with a view to increase the resistance of the body to the action of different temperatures. By hardening manage to prevent many diseases. Exercise should be with the permission of the pediatrician.
Tempering procedures to help strengthen the nervous system of the child, contribute to the development of bones and muscles, stimulate metabolism, improve the function of internal organs. Children perceive the worse the impact of pathogenic factors.
Most of the tempering means are readily available and easy. Adhering to the basic principles of hardening, we can achieve a good effect:
- The procedure is performed regularly;
- you must take into account the mood of the child, and the procedure is best done in the form of games;
- the implementation of the treatments and the temperature change gradually;
- tempering can begin at any age;
- Avoid hypothermia child during procedures;
- while hardening, avoid strong stimuli, such as excessively low temperatures or overheating in the sun;
- Choose the right clothes and shoes - it must meet the temperature conditions and be made of natural materials and fabrics;
- combine tempering treatments with massage, exercise;
- tempering procedure is best done for the whole family at once.
Before you start hardening the baby, be sure to get the advice of pediatrician. Newborn children can begin to harden at the age of 6-7 days. Apply procedures such as ventilation of the room, walking outdoors, air baths, wiping and pouring water.
For kids is a snap to arrange a tempering procedures as air baths. During dressing, diapering a baby is left to lie naked on the changing table - very small for 2-3 minutes, and by the age of 6 months duration of the procedure was adjusted to 15 minutes. The room temperature must be 20-25 degrees.
For older children, use intensive methods of hardening, which implies a short body contact with cold air, snow or ice water. They are held in conjunction with traditional treatments and contrasting (foot baths, contrast sponging, shower, sauna).
Children older than two years may be carried out contrast dousing stop. Two pelvic pour water to the point that it reaches mid-calf. In one basin water temperature should be 38-40 degrees in the other in the first few days at 4-5 degrees below. The child shows that he dropped his feet first in the basin with more hot water and there would have chatted them for 2-3 minutes, then half a minute would move his feet in another bowl. Change 5-6 times. The procedure should be daily. The water temperature in the second basin every 5 days should be reduced by 1-2 degrees and so bring to 17-12 degrees.