How to lubricate skis with notches
If you choose your own skis with notches, it is assumed that you just want to ski for walks in the woods. Because these types of skis do not provide for sliding over the results. This requires a professional cross-country skiing. But, nevertheless, even a simple hiking skiing with a notch, you can make the best slip by lubrication.
You will need:
- Skiing; - A bit of wax; - Stick or brush.
Instruction how to lubricate skis with notches
The structure of the skis with a notch has its own peculiarity: notching itself at the center of the moving space of recreational skiing. This contributes to the smooth course of rolling on the track, but does not guarantee good results on the track. Therefore, this point must be considered in their lubrication. Generally, this type of skiing is not accepted to grease. But we should not forget that over time, notching skiing erased, and they can go not so quickly and evenly. For these purposes, and provided such improvised means as parafin.Itak to your skiing pleasure and always slipping in any weather, you sluduet perform the following steps: 1. Purchase or find at home a normal paraffin. Not necessarily in the cartridge.
2. Take a small piece of wax so that it can fit comfortably in the hand. Put in front of the back side of the ski. Under no circumstances do not allow moisture to get moving on their side!
3. Then, from top to bottom, start to apply thin layers of wax on the entire surface of the ski. Try to do this at regular intervals to lubricate every part of the ski. After that, take a stick, wrap it with a cloth and then remove the same movements with ski wax layer. Just be careful not to scratch the surface of the ski.
4. Then wipe dry with another cloth skiing.
5. Repeat the previous two points, at least two or three times. Then run your hand over the surface and feel the difference before and after.
6. Now skis are ready for operation in real conditions. Try to travel 1.5-2 km and see the result. If you did everything correctly, your skiing pleasure will go much faster especially in weather conditions close to 0 degrees.
7. If not - then do this procedure more raz.Mogut only be an exception when too frosty weather. Then your skis are slipping. In this case, the main thing - do not overdo it. Perhaps, lubricate them with paraffin and you do not need.