Online classes at KU
Common Questions about Proctoring
Who serves as CODL proctors?
- Center for Online and Distance Learning proctors are staff members whose regular duties include monitoring exams.
- CODL staff are available to administer exams for both online and on-campus courses.
- We can proctor paper/pencil exams with or without bluebooks and/or Scantron forms.
What are a proctor's responsibilities?
- Verifies and confirms proper photo identification of the student.
- Verifies the student takes the exam according to your written instructions.
- Remains in the room and monitors the student while the examination is taking place.
- Verifies the student did not leave the room during the examination.
- Collects all exam pages and any scratch paper at the conclusion of the exam period.
- Signs a proctor’s coversheet verifying the exam was administered under the proper conditions.
- Returns exams to the faculty member for grading.
CODL partners with a third-party company, ProctorU, to offer live, online proctoring services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Any instructor who would like to offer supervised, online exams through Blackboard may use ProctorU. Students must have their own webcam and microphone to communicate with the online proctors during the exam. ProctorU is a fee-based service, which students can pay online at the ProctorU website. Instructors who require supervised exams may opt to give their students the choice to take exams online with ProctorU or in person with CODL. We are happy to coordinate both types of exams for an individual course. Please contact us to discuss your options and get more information about ProctorU services and fees.
You might also like
ZyXEL NWA3160n 802.11n Hybrid Wireless Access Point / WLAN Controller With PoE Support, and Plenum Rated Housing
Koson-Man Men's 3D Padded Bicycle Cycling Underwear Shorts (LightBlue, XL)
M&K Women's 3D Padded Bicycle Cycling Underwear Comfort Style Shorts(Stars Style Size L)